.comment-link {margin-left:.6em;}

Wednesday, September 28, 2005

 

Foreshadowing

Foreshadowing is the technique of using hints or clues to suggest what will happen later in literature, movies and plays. Sometimes life gives us foreshadowing. I just had one of life's foreshadowing occur. I opened an envelope for my high school reunion. The chairman wrote about the Sunday we graduated, June 27th. I did not remember the exact date of our graduation. The foreshadowing is the date. June 27th is the birthday of my daughter. So the happiness of graduating was a foreshadowing of an even more joyous event fourteen years later. Now I will never forget the date of my high school graduation. Who can stand on a stage and imagine exactly how their life will be? So much is out of our control like what a child will be like when they are born. I could never have imagined the joy of this daughter. Actually I could never have imagined the joys of daughters since I had no sisters. The lessons I learned from my daughters are more than I ever learned in high school.

Comments:
So will this entice the second daughter to comment?
 
So what was the foreshadowing for the first daughter? Playing with fireworks?
 
The second daughter thinks the first daughter is trying really hard to get her sis to join the bloggers world, but it wont work. Luckily dad has one blogger daughter. I love you both my crazy blogging family....
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?